Adonibezek was a great man, army fled before him, he was great both at home and in the field. He subdued seventy kings to the extent that they he made those seventy princeses a slave.
Now after the death of Joshua it came to pass, that the children of Israel asked the Lord, saying, Who shall go up for us against the Canaanites first, to fight against them? And the Lord said, Judah shall go up: behold, I have delivered the land into his hand. And Judah said unto Simeon his brother, Come up with me into my lot, that we may fight against the Canaanites; and I likewise will go with thee into thy lot. So Simeon went with him. And Judah went up; and the Lord delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand: and they slew of them in Bezek ten thousand men. And they found Adonibezek in Bezek: and they fought against him, and they slew the Canaanites and the Perizzites. But Adonibezek fled; and they pursued after him, and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and his great toes.
And Adonibezek said, Threescore and ten kings, having their thumbs and their great toes cut off, gathered their meat under my table: as I have done, so God hath requited me. And they brought him to Jerusalem, and there he died. Judges 1:1-7.
1. High places are slippery
2. Let those in high places remain humble.
3. Let masters forbear threatening, “….. knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.” James 3:1
4. Do not judge to do knavery: For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:2
Let me quickly, talk about Absalom too, in respect to the subject we are considering:
You remember Absalom in the second book of Samuel. Amnon defiled his sister Tamar and Absalom spoke no good or bad to Amnon. Absalom hated Amnon (2 Samuel 13:22), and he that hateth his brother is a murderer like Cain, at wicked one.
The Bible says, “it came to pass after two full years..” 2Samuel 13:23 that he nursed this root of bitterness, he killed Amnon because he had determined from the day of the incidence to revenge on him. So, he designed his death by assassination.
He ran away for 3years to his mother’s relations, and there he was entertained by his grandfather Talmai, king of Geshur (2 Samuel 13:37, 38). He that fleeth from the fear shall fall into the pit, and he that getteth up out of the pit shall be taken in the snare, Jeremiah 48:44. He never repented yet and at the long run, he was hanged by the neck, embowelled and his body was disposed disgracefully. (2Samuel 13:38).
1. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath. Neither give place to the devil. Ephesians 4:26,27.
2. Whatsoever someone did to you, never take judgement into your hand. Vengeance is God’s.
3. Do not judge your brother. Matthew 7:1,2.
4. Do not speak evil of your brother. James 4:11.
5. Do not judge unmercifully or uncharitably
6. Do not judge rashly,
7. Do not judge with a spirit of retaliation or revenge.
8. Let your zeal against sin be guided by discretion
9. Do not judge the hearts of others.
10. Leave the trying of the heart to God
11. Do not judge the intentions of others
12. Do not judge the eternal state of others.
13. Avoid calling people castaways or reprobates. Hence, help and counsel them.
14. Remove the log in your own eyes before you remove the beam in your brother’s eyes.
God is a righteous God, whatsoever a man sows, the same he shall reap. Let him that do evil do no more before the day of reconning.
Believers are command to reprove, rebuke, exhort, edify and comfort. Let us not be quick to judge in our daily conversation with one another, both with the household of faith and those that are without. I pray that God will work in us, both to will and do his good pleasure.
Thank you for reading through. Don’t forget to like, comment and share with your family and friends. God bless you.
Ogunlade Adekemi Boluwatife
For related posts, visit https://christiangymnastic.wordpress.com